When a new business bursts onto the scene, it is natural to be curious about them and want to know more (at least I do, but I am naturally an inquisitive person!).
Since launching Primrose Living, I've been asked a lot of questions by family and friends, and customers. I absolutely love what I do, so I thought it would be helpful to share a little bit more about Primrose Living and me!
Why did you start Primrose Living?
- I love, love, LOVE gifts and anything to do with the home. When you see something that says 'home is where the heart is', I wholeheartedly believe this is true! For as long as I can remember, whenever I've given a gift to someone, I really take time to think about it. Quite often, I think about: Have they mentioned anything lately that they like or need? Has something important recently happened in their life that I can incorporate into the gift? Even if it's not a special occasion, just giving a gift because you're thinking of someone, is just as important.
- The other reason (and in my mind, the main reason!), is for our daughter, Lucy. She was born in August 2020, and after she was born, something I can't explain, changed in me. I want Lucy to know that growing up as a woman, she can do, and be anything that she wants to with hard work and determination. I want her to see me working hard for her, and instill these values at a young age. Being the best role model for her, is one of my main goals in life, and through Primrose Living.
Lucy and I (also known as baby bear and mama bear!)
How did you come up with the name Primrose Living for your business?
- I SO wish I had a fun and unique story for this question! My other job is working as a sales and events manager for a mobile bar and catering hire company. We received an order for a customer last year, and she lived on Primrose Lane. We had a lovely conversation about the other flower names streets around her! I thought Primrose sounded so pretty, classic, and timeless. Something that I wanted to hold true to all of the gifts and products I stock.
What brands do you stock, and why did you choose them?
- Before I launched, I did a LOT of research (and still am daily, I'm a geek for information!). Stocking brands that are British, British made, and owned by women are some key factors for me. I also look for brands that I know are good quality, timeless, and suitable for any age. Being an online gift shop in Shropshire, I try and support as many local Shropshire businesses as I can, by stocking their products. Some of the brands I stock include: East of India, Caroline Gardner, POM Jewellery, Sass & Belle, EC Reisin and Curls Crafts.
Customer Service and Attention to Detail
- Attention to detail and customer service are two of the most important parts of my business. Each gift I wrap and package, I do so with love and care, as if I were giving it to my mum, aunt, or someone else I love. The same service and standard will always be given to my customers.
I'll always help however I can, so please let me know if you need help finding a gift, or have any questions!